By: Sean Darcy (Dr Sean Darcy MD)
Beautiful, healthy skin is a telltale indicator that a person is healthy and feels good on the inside too. Follow these tips to keep your skin healthy and glowing which will leave your feeling the health and emanating the glow.
- Protect Yourself from the Sun: Too much sun exposure can cause wrinkles, age spots, increased risk of skin cancer, as well as other skin problems. So make sure to
- Wear sunscreen when outdoors.
- Seek shade or shelter between 10am and 4pm when the sun’s rays are strongest.
- Wear protective clothing like hats and long sleeves when you are in the sun during the middle of the day.
- Reduce the duration and temperature of showers and baths. Taking baths and showers that are too hot or too long contributes to removing essential oils from your skin.
- Avoid strong soaps. Strong soaps and detergents tend to strip oils from skin. Shop for a more mild soap.
- Shave carefully. To protect and lubricate your skin, apply shaving cream, lotion or gel before shaving. For the closest shave, use a clean, sharp razor. Shave in the direction the hair grows, not against it.
- Pat dry. After washing or bathing, gently pat or blot your skin dry with a towel so that some moisture remains on your skin.
- Moisturize dry skin. If your skin is dry, use a moisturizer that fits your skin type. For daily use, consider a moisturizer that contains SPF.
5. Cosmetic Procedures: Sometimes we need a little extra help to fix skin issues that affect our self-confidence. When selecting a cosmetic procedure to reduce the appearance of wrinkles or sagging, make sure to seek treatment plans that are natural and minimally invasive. Give us a call to schedule a consultation with our cosmetic surgeon and he can provide you with a personalized recommended treatment plan.